Mt. Ida Estate Sale
November 10th from 9:00 to 4:00
November 11th from 10:00 to 4:00
HEC was recently notified that the owner of Mt. Ida has signed a contract to sell the home.
Mt. Ida has been home to the administrative offices of both Historic Ellicott City, Inc. (since 2011) and the Friends of the Patapsco Female Institute (since 1993). The two organizations have had the pleasure and benefit of renting the space for several years. Mt. Ida was also HEC’s 28th Decorator Show House in 2013.
As our move is imminent, HEC and FPFI are hosting an Estate Sale. Items for sale include furniture, rugs, curtains, china, knick knacks, holiday decorations, vintage farmhouse decor, etc… Photos of many of the items will be posted on our Facebook Page: facebook.com/HistoricECinc and are listed on this Estate Sale site: https://bit.ly/2D90lf0.
Prices will be marked and available the day of the sale. Many of these items found a home in Mt. Ida after the 2013 Show House. Proceeds will go into HEC’s general fund. No phone calls, please.
The story of this home begins in 1833. Architect Robert Carey Long, Jr and Charles Timanus, Jr., the Principal builder of the Patapsco Female Institute, erected this yellow-stucco house of rubble stone for William Ellicott, grandson of Andrew Ellicott, a founder of Ellicott’s Mills. Mt.Ida’s style was gleaned from the Greek Revival and Italianate periods, reminiscent of that which pervaded the South during its Ante-bellum Period. It was the last Ellicott home built within the Historic District.
Mt. Ida is the historic yellow stucco house next to the Howard County Courthouse parking lot. The address is 3691 Sarahs Lane, Ellicott City.