Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type

George Ellicott House

The George Ellicott House was built in 1789 by the fourth son of Andrew and Elizabeth Ellicott. After the neighboring Jonathan Ellicott House was destroyed by Tropical Storm Agnes in 1972, preservationists looked for ways to spare the George Ellicott House the same fate. In 1989, a partnership including HEC, Charles Wagandt’s Oella Company, Judge John L. Clark and Senator James Clark undertook the ambitious project of moving the house across Frederick Road to higher ground. Today, after a beautiful restoration, it continues in use as office space.